Monday 9 March 2009

Where's the knitting?

Most of my knitting over the past month has been for the Blankets of Friendship for the victims of the Victorian bushfires. Here's the latest square in progress, using mainly machine washable Bendi from the stash, with some stripes of donated yarn from the generous people of Canberra.

The rest of my knitting life is full of WIPs. Here are just a few.

This is Ilene (rav link). This one is a real live WIP. It's for a secret swap partner. More later.

This next one may not be classable as a WIP because I don't know if I'm ever going to finish. I present a lone Retro Rib Sock (Rav again) from Interweave's Favourite Socks. It's long, it's done on fine needles (which I have cleverly returned to the needle drawer and now have to guess the size if I ever want to do its mate), it's done on stash yarn from some op shop or other (can't remember), and it's a pretty easy pattern. But I botched it - not badly, but just so much as to not really be happy with it. So I will call this an almost dead WIP.
Next I present the lovely Peapod Jacket in Heirloom Breeze. This cute as a button cardi was started shortly before we even knew about ma minette, and she is now 19 months old and way too big for it now anyway. This can be a languishing WIP - destined for another baby (or possibly the frog pile).
And my lovely Chic Knits top down Eyelet Cardi. I love this, but would love it more if I finished it. I started it maybe a year ago, but it languishes too. You see, I almost ran out of purple Zara and now I'm too nervous to do any more. I hunted high and low for the same dyelot, and ended up buying a few more balls in the same colour but a different dyelot. I know, I know, I should just bite the bullet and knit. Maybe the colour difference won't be too great, but it's a bit tricky to hide in an all-in-one knitted piece. I'm at the sleeves, which are picked up live from the bodice and knit in the round, making it a bit difficult to use the old trick of two rows one shade, two rows another, etc. So if anyone has any ...
STOP THE PRESSES. Just ducked out to check the ball band. sniffle. Seems the moths have decided this little number has been sitting around too long. sniffle. Too upset to photograph the evidence.
No longer a WIP. Too cross to write more.

5 comments:

Trudi said...

I am so sorry. I really need to get my house sprayed too, though I think the stack of mothballs I threw in the cupboard should do the trick. Maybe you could treat yourself to some yummy yarn to make yourself feel better.

Hashi said...

So where are the socks for your sister, hmm? If you don't bring me socks, you have to at least bring me recommendations for patterns and wool. Deal?

nettie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bells said...

Oh no! Well the moths have great taste. Zara is gorgeous. I'd be too upset to post photos of it too.

Michelle said...

Oh no! What a tragedy!

Your other WIPS look lovely though!