Saturday 1 January 2011

One word

My one little word for 2011 is change. Yes, there are some things I would like to change about the way I am, the things I do, the way I feel. But mostly I want to be open to change this year. It is way too easy to become set in my ways, thinking that this is the way things should be for me. But really, do I want things to always remain so?

And, as for those things that I will actively change... the first change is my hair. Yes, short is the way to go. I did it yesterday, and already feel way better for it.

Other things? Well, I want to stop wasting time. I want to read more, and watch less rubbish on the box. I want to sew more. I want to see my friends more, and write to those I don't see so often. And I want to think about what I wear. Sounds trivial? Well, no. I have just spent more than one year of dedicated reduced consumerism, but that is a topic for another post. Suffice to say, I can do without new things, but there may be a subconscious price to pay.

2010 saw lots of change in my family, and I was honoured to be considered an important part of going through those changes. 2011 will see more changes for us all. And I want them all to be good.

Happy New Year.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

My favourite saying is "the time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time". And I really believe that. If you are enjoying it, how can that be bad?

Looking forward to seeing your new haircut!!

Anonymous said...

yay for change! the thought of it scares me but it nearly always ends up making things better. i hope the changes you make bring you much joy! and short hair? really?!

Hashi said...

A haircut? Cool! I am going to get one too, as soon as Josh is back at work. I think I'll go back to my 2005 "Annette Benning" do, but without the colouring.

I like your word, and look forward to hearing how it plays out in your life.

Denise said...

Good luck with your change goals! I'm just starting on a year of drastically reduced consumption ... wish me luck!

We do need photographic evidence of said haircut, or at least an in-person viewing - would love to catch up sometime :)