Sunday 31 May 2009

Out of the woods

Now that the dreaded lurgy is well and truly behind me, I can show a couple of FOs and one WIP.

FO1: Brooklyn Tweed's Hemlock Ring Blanket using the Rainey Sisters chart, in Rowan Kid Classic. Noice.
FO2: Molly's kimono published in Mason-Dixon Knitting. I used about 90g of Bendigo Classic. Molly is only brand new, but I hope she fits into this before winter is over.
Current favourite WIP: socks for a certain someone who recently complained that she had only one pair of hand-knitted socks.
We picked this yarn together. It's Pagewood Farm hand dyed sock yarn in Harvest colourway. I started knitting up some plain vanilla socks at SnB yesterday, but didn't really like the stocking stitch. Some other SnBers agreed that a patterned sock would be better. So I frogged it and started last night on Waving Lace socks from Interweave's Favourite Socks. I knitted this pattern for myself last year, and they are probably my favourite socks. That little white dot is a pin to remind me to tink back a couple of rounds - how did that extra stitch get there, and why have I only just noticed it?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Bells said...

hooray! Three gorgeous things. A blanket in Rowan just seems so indulgent - perfectly indulgent - to me! I love it.

Hashi said...

I'm a lucky sister :-)
Glad you're finally better.

Sue said...

I love the Hemlock Ring blanket and the baby kimono is just gorgeous. It didnt use much yarn either did it. Glad to hear youve recovered.