Sunday 29 June 2008

Bargain Saturday on a Sunday

Am I the only person around here who didn't know about Revolve's 'best bits' at Pialligo? Some people apparently knew long ago, but I didn't spy it until today...browsing at Bison, saw the shopfront, wandered in, and came out with just a few goodies.
Some lovely little bowls and etched glasses...all for a mere coupla dollars a set.
But then I spied this...a ricketty spinning wheel for $20, complete with big bag of fleece. How could I not bring it home?Didn't know I was a spinner? Well, I'm not really. Although I have had a bit of a practice.
Yes, I do have a perfectly good spinning wheel, and another one out on loan, but I saw this one that needed saving, and I remembered Bells' post about acquiring a fleece, and there's been a bit of talk about spinning by the Canberra Crew on Ravelry lately, and it was only $20 for the lot, and the lady in the shop helped me out to my car with my bargains. Well, I couldn't really help it, could I?

So, as I am unlikely to be jumping into the washing and carding and spinning right this minute, any hints on how I should store this lovely lot of very greasy fleece? I take comfort in Bells' story that her newly-acquired fleece fell of that truck about 20 years ago. This stuff doesn't go off, does it?

And just in case anyone was wondering if any knitting goes on at Chez Nettie, well, there's this very sweet EZ Maltese Fisherman's Hat, finished and much, much too small for ma minette.
Did someone just murmur 'gauge'? Hmph.

1 comment:

Hashi said...

Wow, bargains indeed! Good scores!