Saturday 13 July 2013

Six months of socks

Socks are my go-to knitting project.  I like to have at least one pair of socks in the making at all times. Socks can be an easy, portable project - sometimes easy as pie, sometimes with a lacey pattern.  I set up my own Personal Sock Club 2013 whereby I matched 12 skeins of yarn with 12 patterns and, on the first day of each month this year, I pick up a kit and start knitting.  I may not have finished the last pair, or the pair before that, but each 1st of the month I'll start a new pair.  Some months I even slip in an unplanned sock project.

I love to wear hand knitted socks, so good thing I also love to knit them!

January - Komet

February socks - plain vanilla socks 
(These started out as something fancier, 
but the yarn and pattern were not loving life together,
 so they turned vanilla.)

March - Blackrose Socks for my favourite sister's birthday


My first ever two at a time toe-ups (still going on these ones).

Still going on these ones too.


And just for those times when I needed some plain vanilla socks on the needles:

At the tennis - knitting between matches at the Australian Open in January

Stash busters and mini stash busters

And, yes, July's socks are on the needles too.  By year end, I plan to have at least another six pairs of socks.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Fabulous array of socks. It must be satisfying to see all the pictures lined up. I especially love the blackrose ones, and the mini ones!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! And sister's day is coming up ... (we're not going to forget this year, right?)