- I cleared a path between the doorway and my sewing machine in the sewing room
- I packed away all my spinning fibre that has been laying around merely for the purpose of admiration
- I packed a small box of books for the Lifeline book fair (that was hard)
- I caught up on my friends’ reading on Goodreads
- I spent a lot of time fiddling with knitting machines
- I listened to lots of very entertaining and informative radio (I learned that seahorses are fish with prehensile tails, thanks Norman)
- I read newspapers – real ones
I miss watching the telly. Sometimes I really do want to sit down with a glass of wine and enjoy Stephen Fry and QI. Sometimes I want to plan a Jane Austen marathon. And I want to knit. I am so used to knitting while I watch the TV, that my knitting has suffered in the short time that I've been TVless. Although, I did manage to finish off some crazy stripey socks for ma minette - Patonyle fake fairisle overdyed with Koolaid.
But the long and the short of it is... I now have a telly.