Sunday 13 November 2011

TVlessness

Some of the things that not watching telly has allowed me to do:


  • I cleared a path between the doorway and my sewing machine in the sewing room
  • I packed away all my spinning fibre that has been laying around merely for the purpose of admiration
  • I packed a small box of books for the Lifeline book fair (that was hard)
  • I caught up on my friends’ reading on Goodreads
  • I spent a lot of time fiddling with knitting machines
  • I listened to lots of very entertaining and informative radio (I learned that seahorses are fish with prehensile tails, thanks Norman)
  • I read newspapers – real ones

BUT
 
I miss watching the telly.  Sometimes I really do want to sit down with a glass of wine and enjoy Stephen Fry and QI.  Sometimes I want to plan a Jane Austen marathon.  And I want to knit.  I am so used to knitting while I watch the TV, that my knitting has suffered in the short time that I've been TVless.  Although, I did manage to finish off some crazy stripey socks for ma minette - Patonyle fake fairisle overdyed with Koolaid.
But the long and the short of it is... I now have a telly.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Aw I'm glad you have a TV back in your life! Hope you enjoyed the weekend viewing!

Anonymous said...

its nice to go tvless for a while but i agree, its essential for knitting. i think youve earned that austen marathon! gorgeous socks!